Monday, October 27, 2008

It's About Time I Started Using This Space For the Purpose I Had Originally Intended. aka: Post no. 1 - Catharticism (yes I made that word up)

I don't like unnecessary words. (Can't you tell by the title?)  I like to convey my message in as few words as possible.

This is why music is my favorite form of self-expression.  I can place a single thought at the center of 5 minutes of mood music, and make you fully understand the emotion I had when the thought came to me.

I love that.

10 words over 3 minutes and you understand part of my brain.  That doesn't happen with other forms of art.  You would have to study a painting to understand it.  You don't even have to pay attention to music to understand it.

For each of the next 10 days (including today) I am going to write one song that is exactly 3 minutes and contains exactly 10 words.  When I'm done, I'll figure out a way to post the songs (YouTube maybe?) and let you hear what I've done.

Sound fun?

I don't care.  It does to me!

Hooray

No comments: