Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Poor choices

At work, I park in a parking garage that uses meters instead of gate tickets. I get to work at about 6:15 everyday, and the meters don't start till 7:00. From what I can tell, the ticket guy goes around twice a day (while I'm at work). First around 10:00 and second around 3:00.

Yesterday, I went out to my meter at 9:45 like I always do. Still no ticket. Great.

In goes my money. I put in 5 hours and 45 minutes worth (enough to get me to 3:15) and I head back to work.

I had some catching up to do at work because of my recent jaunt to California, so I stay a bit later than I usually do. I get out to my car after work to find a beautiful little $35 ticket on my windshield.

I think, "Oh, well. He must come around again some time between 4:00 and 5:00."

Not so. I open up the ticket to take a look at the time of issue......3:20. 5 minutes after my meter ran out.

Now, for those of you keeping score at home, you get 30 minutes for every quarter you put in these meters (that's pretty cheap for these parts).

So, for the price of one of these:






















I wouldn't have gotten one of these:





















That is an expensive nickel.

No comments: