Monday, November 17, 2008

Crystal Ball Christians

From time to time, I find myself waiting for a message from God.  Like He's going to beam an answer to a question straight to my brain.

As far as I can tell, God doesn't work that way.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12:2
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
-2 Timothy 3:16
From this I can tell, that I shouldn't sit around waiting for some divine message to pop up and tell me what to do.  A transformed mind should be able to test and discern God's will.  A man knowledgeable about the scriptures is equipped for every good work.  (Not just some good works.  Every good work.)

I'm still not exactly clear on how to go about using the bible to make decisions, but I know that I should keep God first in all things.  The more I read the bible the more I understand who God is.  So the more I read the bible the more I understand what God wants.

No comments: